Personal banking services are a necessity, so why should you pay luxury prices for checking, savings, online services and loans? Here’s where you exercise your banking options.
Joining is easy. To qualify for truly affordable banking services, you need only live, work, worship or attend school in our "community".
Our community is defined as anywhere within 50 miles of the Kannapolis office. You’ll be required to open and keep at least $25 on deposit in a basic savings account. Yes, it’s that simple!
You’ll feel comfortable with the responsive, relaxed, friendly and local way we do things too. After all, the only reason we exist is to help you build a better life… not a bigger bank.
Don’t wait. Stop in or call your nearest office in Concord or Kannapolis right away.
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southern-Select-Community-Credit-Union/195404077290728.
Ever thought about a credit union for your employees? If your company is located in our “community”, we will be happy to arrange service for your employee group. Providing a credit union is a valuable benefit, and at Southern Select CCU, it won’t cost your company a thing. Plus… you’ll be the hero. We require only that you be able to electronically transmit your net payroll. We can handle the rest. Just call and ask to speak to a representative if you’d like more information.
Top 10 Reasons to Choose Southern Select Community Credit Union
1. Safety and Security. Southern Select is federally insured and is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government. The NCUA (like the FDIC) insures our deposits through the NCUSIF (National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund) to at least $250,000.
2. Member-Owned Cooperative. We lend money to members from funds deposited by other members. All members are treated equally, earning and paying the same rates as all other members. Our members are our only shareholders. As member-owners, our members are invited to our annual meeting, and each member has an equal vote regardless of the balance in their account.
3. Not for Profit. The credit union philosophy is primarily 'people helping people.' It's also said that credit unions are 'not for profit, not for charity, but for service.' Our prime focus is on serving our members, not maximizing profits.
4. Volunteer Board of Directors. Southern Select's policies and oversight are set by a volunteer board elected by and from our own membership. Unlike bank boards, Federal law prohibits compensation for credit union directors.
5. Competitive Products and Services. We offer the same types of products and services you'll find at any other financial institution. However, our rates on both savings and loans are typically better and our fees are less.
6. Priority Service. Our members are fiercely loyal because we treat them like member-owners (which they are). We exist to serve.
7. Education. We help members learn ways to better manage their money, improve their credit score, avoid fees, invest well and borrow wisely. We do this in a variety of ways...one-on-one, through resources on our website, and we teach classes out in our community.
8. Surcharge Free ATMs. Our members enjoy free access to cash when using our ATMs as well as those in a network of no surcharge ATMs.
9. We Make it Easy! If you live, work, worship or attend school in our community (which is a 50-mile radius of our Kannapolis office), you're eligible to join Southern Select Community Credit Union. You can become a member with just $25! We doubt you'll stop there when you see the various savings and checking accounts available to our members and our great loan rates!
10. After all, we're here to help you build a better life, not a bigger bank.